Q: How do I get from the Denver airport to the YMCA of the Rockies in Estes Park?
A: There is a shuttle service that provides transportation between the Denver airport and Estes Park. Follow this link for pricing and reservations: http://www.estesparkshuttle.com/. Another option is to rent a car at the airport. A Facebook Event Page has been set up to help you connect with others attending the conference who might be looking to share lodging and/or transportation.
Q: What is a Case Study?
A: In the social and life sciences, a case study is a research method involving an up-close, in-depth, and detailed examination of a subject of study (the case), as well as its related contextual conditions. Case study research has long held a prominent place in many disciplines and professions, ranging from psychology, anthropology, sociology, and political science to education, clinical science, and social work. The Harvard Business School has possibly been the most prominent developer and user of teaching case studies.
For our purposes at the Cross+Gen Conference, the Case Studies are the sharing of real-world, boots-on-the-ground, in-the-trenches techniques, stories and strategies as they relate to Cross+Gen faith formation. Our Case Study presenters are pastors, Christian Educators and youth workers who will share with you their experiences in their own ministry settings. You will hear what worked and what didn’t work. What challenges did they face? How did they deal with those challenges? What are the rewards of their Cross+Gen ministries? What are the outcomes? This isn’t just theory, my friend! This is as real as it gets!
Q: Where can I get a full list of the Case Studies that will be available?
Q: May I register now and pay later?
A: Registration for the conference admission requires payment at the time of registration. However, when you reserve your room & board package you have the option of being charged at the time of the reservation or on September 15th.
Q: What are the payment options?
A: Payment can be made online with MasterCard, Visa or Discover.
Q: How can I get the best price for the conference?
A: There are several ways to reduce your cost for the event:
- Register for the conference sooner rather than later to take advantage of reduced pricing. Conference registration fees increase on July 1 and again on September 1.
- Reserve your room & board before September 1 to take advantage of lower prices. You may reserve your room now and delay payment until September 15th. (You must be ready to include the names of your roommates when you reserve your room.)
- Share a room. All rooms have the same bed configuration of two queen beds and one single futon floor mattress. The more people who share a room (up to five total), the lower the per-person cost.
- Be a Faith Inkubators member! If your church is a current Faith Inkubators member for Head to the Heart confirmation, Bible Song Cross+Gen, Faith Stepping Stones or Cross+Gen Seasonals, your conference registration fee is reduced by $20 per person.
Q: How do I make my room & board reservation?
A: To make your room & board reservations, click here. The YMCA of the Rockies provides conference attendees a room & board package. Your room & board reservation is administered by Faith Inkubators, not by the YMCA of the Rockies. Please note: when you make your room & board reservation you must provide credit card information. However, you have the option for your credit card to be charged at the time of the reservation or on September 15th.
Each person staying at the YMCA of the Rockies needs their own room & board reservation. For instance, if two people are staying in the same room, they EACH need their own room & board package.
Q: Can you help me find a roommate?
A: Hmmmm . . . Sorry, nope. But we will make it easier for you to find one! A Facebook Event Page has been set up to help folks connect and share rooms and transportation.
Q: Can I attend the conference without staying at the YMCA of the Rockies?
A: Yes . . . but you will have to pay an additional $100 per person to cover the four-day site-pass wristband that is included in the YMCA room & board costs. Without the wristband you are not allowed on the YMCA of the Rockies property.
The room & board package pricing provided to us by the YMCA of the Rockies makes lodging and meals very affordable. This package pricing includes:
- 3 nights lodging in rooms that have all the amenities of a hotel, without the distraction of a television. Linens and towels are included. Each room has a full bath.
- 1 four-day site-pass wristband
- 6 all-you-can-eat buffet-style meals (see the Schedule for which meals are included)
- Complimentary wifi
We also look forward to the multiple benefits of conference attendees and Case Study presenters all staying and eating onsite, such as relaxed fellowship, meeting friends old and new, time for in-depth discussions and no need to drive to a hotel at the end of the day!
Q: I see that some meals on the schedule are “On Your Own.” What are my options?
A: You have several options for meals “On Your Own."
- Purchase an all-you-can eat cafeteria meal in the Aspen Dining Room.
- Purchase food in the Rustic Café (snacks, espresso and light meals) located in the Administration Building.
- Purchase snacks and beverages in the YMCA of the Rockies store, located in the Administration Building.
- Go into Estes Park and choose from the many cafés and restaurants in town.
Q: Can I arrive a day or two early or stay a day or two after the conference and stay at the YMCA of the Rockies those additional nights?
A: Certainly! Anybody wanting to come outside the conference contract dates will need to make an individual reservation through the YMCA’s Reservations Department. The toll free number is 888-613-9622. You will need to tell the Reservations Department that you are coming for the Faith Inkubators Conference and you would like to stay in the same room if possible. The Reservations Department can give you the price of the room and any meals you want included. The price for the room will not be the group rate.
Q: I have questions not addressed here. Whom should I contact?
A: Please do not hesitate to email your questions to email@example.com or call 888-55FAITH.